a-n's guest editors
Editorial priorities and the people who make them happen.
Our editorial priorities are:
- To provide a platform for research into the key issues for artists and their practice that stimulates and focuses discussions around future support frameworks and expectations for artists.
- To examine and analyse the 'why, what and how' of artist's practice, with an emphasis on artist-led activity and diversity of practice across the UK.
- To stimulate critical discourse and provide opportunities for new writers through the development of 'unedited' facilities on www.a-n.co.uk
- To maintain a portfolio of timely good practice materials.
Over the past few years we've been collaborating with expert commissioning and guest editors across the UK and beyond. Recent guest editors include:
- Frances Lord, curator and consultant, South East England (a-n Collections: Artists' profiles 2)
- Sonya Dyer, artist, London (Research papers: Boxed in)
- Jeanine Griffin, curator, Sheffield and Steve Dutton, Sheffield (Research papers: Biennials and city-wide events)
- Jane Watt, artist and researcher, London (a-n Collections: The art of blogging; Jane is also currently Coordinating editor of Advisers and tutors community on www.a-n.co.uk)
- Catherine Wilson, writer, London (a-n Collections: Community engagement)
- Charlotte Frost, writer, London (a-n Collections: Production lines; Charlotte is also a-n Collections Coordinating editor)
- a-n Magazine Coordinator Chris Brown, Cardiff, is an artist and co-founder of the artist-run organisation Contemporary Temporary Artspace and its gallery base, g39.
First published: a-n.co.uk October 2008
© the artist(s), writer(s), photographer(s) and a-n The Artists Information Company
All rights reserved.
Artists who are current subscribers to a-n may download or print this text for the limited purpose of use in their business or professional practice as artists.
Parts of this text may be reproduced either in accordance with the provisions of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (updated) or with written permission of the publishers.