Professional profile: Archive
Here follows in chronological order by published date Professional profiles for Students: designed to supply advice and inspiration, the interview-based content covers the stories of professionals in the creative sector who have all studied practice- or arts-based degrees.
- Performance artist Mitra Memarzia gives insight into her knowledge of navigating and networking the professional realm. Read on »
- Artist Jack Hutchinson talks business and archaeology, wise words in preparing your financial mind. Read on »
- “it's what I love doing so I just do it...” DIY doer and maker Michael Aitken on giving it your all in co-running a studio group come gallery. Read on »
- Circus Circus to the CCA: Fine Art graduate of 2005 Louise Shelley covers her discovery of collaboration and her thirst for arts organisation. Read on »
- Manchester-based ceramicist CJ O’Neill tells us about her symbiotic career in teaching and contemporary craft making, filling us in with what has driven her to where she is now. Read on »
- Artist, editor and technician Andrew Maclean tells us (without sneering) about his conjoining practices to date. Read on »
- Artist and coordinator of ‘People and Place’, Maria Bojanowska tells of the toils of volunteering and coming up trumps (in the space of a year). Read on »
- Travelling from door to door and across the world: ceramicist graduate of 1997 Katie Adams on uncovering goals bit by bit and finding inspiration from the city within. Read on »
- Prospective professional action: Sarah Rowles tells about the Q-Art adventure, taking things into her own hands to produce London's autonomous art school. Read on »
- 2008 graduate Alice Ladenburg, the artist who keeps her desk tidy for commercial affect, tells us of her career achievements to date. Read on »
Look out for other Professional profiles coming up on Students homepage: they are intended as informative yet short pieces of content for you to make use of and gain inspiration from so let me know if they are working.
First published: a-n.co.uk September 2009
© the artist(s), writer(s), photographer(s) and a-n The Artists Information Company
All rights reserved.
Artists who are current subscribers to a-n may download or print this text for the limited purpose of use in their business or professional practice as artists.
Parts of this text may be reproduced either in accordance with the provisions of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (updated) or with written permission of the publishers.