Job title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Salary: £25,874 – £33,671
Contract: Permanent full-time contract of employment
Application deadline: 12noon on Monday 6 November 2017
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for business development (including income streams, business partnerships, advertising and sales growth), supporting the Head of Business Development in steering and securing a-n’s future in line with the company’s mission and business plan.
a-n has an ambitious forward business plan, a growing membership and the success of influential and impactful campaigns and programmes to build on. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with experience of income generation and business development to join our core staff team at this exciting time for the company.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing income generating projects, partnerships and collaborations
- Products and services development
- Market intelligence and competitor analysis
- Advertising and sales campaigns and strategies
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven capability of devising advertising, sales campaigns that have increased participation and supported sales and performance targets
- Good experience of identifying and negotiating partnerships and collaborations
- Experience of business and market reporting
- Proven experience of producing good quality, targeted copy for customer communications and sales campaigns
- Recent relevant experience gained in a similar role
- Good understanding of the specific environment for our work, and the professional frameworks that influence and shape contemporary visual arts
- Excellent people skills, able to initiate and establish effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations
- Proven team player, effectively managing own time, sharing and prioritising workload within a deadline-based environment
- Willing contributor to co-learning and knowledge sharing whether using face-to-face and virtual platforms, enabling creative ideas and imaginative solutions to bubble up from internal discussions and from our external customers
- High quality interpersonal skills, appropriately and effectively using the wide range of communications techniques and virtual platforms available within the company
- Web and IT literate with good knowledge of using virtual platforms and web technology, knowledge of social networking platforms for enhancement of sales and marketing campaigns
- Persuasive communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Research and analytical skills in order to support the company’s business
About a-n: a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK with over 21,000 members. We have been leading and influencing policy and sectoral best practice for almost 40 years with our members’ needs, interests and concerns always the central focus of what we do.
How to apply:
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12noon on Monday 6 November 2017.