Job title: Company Administrator
Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: £18,465 – £25,874 depending on experience
Contract: Permanent full-time contract of employment
Location: Newcastle/North East. As a distributed organisation we will consider applications from candidates from other UK locations
Application deadline: 12noon on Friday 3 November 2017
A first point of contact for the company, the Company Administrator ensures high quality in company administration, customer service and cross-company communications, supporting the work of the Chief Executive, heads of department, a-n Board and advisory groups, in line with the company’s mission and business plan.
The Company Administrator will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective and efficient company administration
- Administrative support for a-n programme delivery
- Maintaining and monitoring staff systems and administration
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of high quality office systems and practice administration gained in a recent similar role
- IT literate with excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven knowledge and experience of database management, intranet and networking platforms for internal communications
- Good level of understanding of the specific environment for our work and the cultural, economic and social policies and professional frameworks that influence and shape contemporary visual art
- Knowledge of the diversity of contemporary visual arts practice and of the concerns, needs and aspirations of members
- Excellent people skills – able to initiate and establish effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations, both face-to-face and across a variety of virtual platforms
- Excellent time-management skills, and track record of prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Proven team player, effectively managing and prioritising workload to deadlines with effective mutli-tasking
- Excellent language and numerical skills with attention to detail
- Persuasive communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Contributes to company learning, knowledge sharing and imaginative problem solving
About a-n: a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK with over 21,000 members. We have been leading and influencing policy and sectoral best practice for almost 40 years with our members’ needs, interests and concerns always the central focus of what we do.
How to apply:
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12noon on Friday 3 November 2017.