Summary of terms
Contract: This is a permanent, full-time contract of employment.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £18,926 – £26,520 (depending on qualifications and experience).
Pension: Employment includes access to a workplace pension.
Holiday: 34 days per annum (inclusive of statutory public and bank holidays) rising to a maximum of 37 days relative to length of service.
Location: a-n office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019
Responsible to: Digital Manager
The Digital Assistant works with the Digital Manager to deliver the digital strategy in line with the company’s mission and business plan.
They are responsible for supporting the management of a-n’s digital and IT infrastructure, external suppliers and internal needs; supporting the management of data and reporting; digital administration to support programmes, advocacy, marketing and communications.
Support the day-to-day management of website and membership management system
- Support the management of external suppliers, including workflow, task setting and ongoing/emerging fix requirements, to priorities set by the Digital Manager.
- Investigate issues, gather full information and troubleshoot prior to external supplier involvement.
- Track progress of helpdesk tickets with external suppliers, reporting back to relevant teams.
- Support membership team in answering customers’ technical queries related to the website and their membership.
- Contribute to ongoing development of company website and membership management system.
- Ensure smooth and clear communication when liaising with suppliers.
Support the day-to-day operation of internal IT system
- Be first point of contact with IT suppliers if issues arise, to ensure prompt resolution.
- Assess and troubleshoot any team issues with software and hardware.
- Regularly update support manuals for IT system and security, ensuring teams have clear information on who to contact, when and for what.
- Support team training and induction needs.
Data management and report generation
- Support the maintenance of website and membership data including regular data cleaning.
- Support the creation of custom surveys, searches and reports as required to feed into internal monitoring, evaluation, reporting and business development.
- Support digital administration across the company including, for example, updating website content, creating event listings, recording applications, checking and monitoring user generated content, and event attendance administration.
- Support digital marketing and communications activity including, for example, creating and sending bulk and targeted emails, updating mailing lists.
- Good knowledge and experience of websites, content management systems and website analytics.
- Good general understanding of IT systems including office productivity software (Microsoft Office, Skype, intranets).
- Experience of project managing digital workflows, prioritisation and effective troubleshooting.
- Excellent people skills, able to maintain effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations.
- Proven team player, effectively managing own time, sharing and prioritising workload within a deadline-based environment.
- Good analytical thinking with a logical and inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Good record keeping and attention to detail with methodical approach and persistence.
- Appropriate and effective use of the wide range of communication techniques and virtual platforms available within the company.
- Willing contributor to co-learning and knowledge sharing.
About a-n The Artists Information Company
a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK. In the last three years, it has achieved its highest ever membership and income, reaching over 24,000 members and a £1m turnover. In 2020 a-n will celebrate 40 years.
How to apply
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019