Summary of terms
Contract: This is a permanent, full-time contract of employment.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £18,926 – £26,520 (depending on qualifications and experience).
Pension: Employment includes access to a workplace pension.
Holiday: 34 days per annum (inclusive of statutory public and bank holidays) rising to a maximum of 37 days relative to length of service.
Location: a-n office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019.
Responsible to: CEO
Line managed by: Finance Manager
Responsible for: Trainees
The Executive Assistant works closely with the CEO to support their work managing the business. They support the CEO in the successful delivery of company objectives through providing and maintaining effective assistance for the administration, finance, human resources, development and executive functions of the Board and CEO.
The Executive Assistant is also responsible for ensuring provision for the efficient and effective operation of the company including supporting the CEO, team, facilities management and consultants in their delivery of processes and procedures, team co-ordination, and internal communications.
PA to the CEO
- Manage and coordinate the CEO’s diary, including arranging meetings and schedules.
- Manage and arrange UK and worldwide travel, visas and accommodation for the CEO.
- Monitor and administer the CEO’s expenses and credit card records.
- Draft correspondence for the CEO as appropriate.
- Manage, administer or develop relationships and projects on the CEO’s behalf.
- Maintain an up to date overview of human resource legislation and best practice in order to ensure that the company is compliant.
- Ensure that all performance management, leave, TOIL and sickness records are properly recorded, issued and returned on time and that any follow up action is documented and actioned.
- Organise interview arrangements for candidates.
- Assist with the collating and monitoring of forms and data for all activities to ensure that the company meets all requirements in respect of company policies and procedures (for example Data Protection, Equality and Diversity, Environment, HR).
- Liaise with line managers on matters regarding staff training, and make appropriate bookings and issue documentation to all participants.
- Maintain an overview of training agreed with the CEO and ensure that all personnel information includes training details.
- Ensure that office maintenance issues are managed proactively.
- Ensure effective communication with suppliers including the ordering and maintenance of furniture, keys, stationery and other equipment required for the smooth running of company offices.
- Manage contract cleaning, recycling, waste disposal companies.
- Ensure that the office areas are maintained clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the post is delivered and collected daily.
- Ensure that a Health and Safety Risk assessment is carried out and actioned yearly, and to act as Health and Safety Officer to ensure that the company meets all of its health and safety obligations in respect of staff members.
- Ensure that staff members are aware of how to report equipment maintenance needs.
- Oversee the monitoring of procurement procedures through effective tender processes in accordance with the company’s financial regulations.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Finance Manager, that all staff members are aware of and act according to the company’s financial procedures for claiming expenses and other actions as required.
- Maintain petty cash in liaison with the Finance Manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager in planning and managing operational budgets.
- Prepare all agendas and papers for meetings of the Board, AGM, Artists Council and other committees.
- Take minutes of meetings of the Board, AGM, Artists Council and other committees, producing them accurately and on time.
- Ensure that papers for all Board, AGM, Artists Council and other committee meetings are distributed to meeting participants before the meeting.
- Manage and arrange travel and accommodation for meeting participants, as required.
- Support the Finance Manager in the collation of all appropriate papers to file Annual Returns to Companies House.
- Support communications from the CEO and act as a liaison between them and the a-n team.
- Take and prepare minutes and papers for meetings and organise and prepare facilities for SMT meetings and regular team meetings.
- Organise and support staff and freelancers with arrangements for travel and accommodation, as required for meetings and events.
- Assist the SMT with all internal management processes including preparing planning documents, documenting and communicating decisions within the a-n team.
- Support the company by maintaining and updating contacts on the database.
- Work within the context of the company’s Equal Opportunity Policy both within delivery of service and treatment of employees.
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years in office administration / PA work.
- Organising and planning.
- Diary management.
- Facilities management.
- IT literate – Microsoft packages, virtual platforms, CRM etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prioritise workload and manage multiple deadlines.
- Negotiate supplies and resources.
- High level confidentiality and integrity.
- Dedication and loyalty.
- Energy and motivation.
- Resilience and adaptability.
- Interpersonal skills and team worker.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Data Protection legislation etc.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
About a-n The Artists Information Company
a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK. In the last three years, it has achieved its highest ever membership and income, reaching over 24,000 members and a £1m turnover. In 2020 a-n will celebrate 40 years.
How to apply
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019.