Job title: Head of Business Development.
Reports to: Executive Director.
Salary: £33,670 – £41,061 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Contract: Permanent full-time contract of employment.
Location: a-n has office space in Newcastle, London and Manchester. The preferred location of this post is North West England (Manchester). As a distributed organisation we’ll consider applications from candidates from other UK locations.
Application deadline: 12noon on Monday 12 June 2017.
Overview: The Head of Business Development will lead on and develop a-n’s business development strategy and support the Executive Director in line with the company’s mission and business plan.
a-n has an ambitious forward business plan, a growing membership and the success of influential and impactful campaigns and programmes to build on. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with experience of both commercial and charitable fundraising to join our core staff team at this exciting time for the company.
• Development and delivery of the business and fundraising strategy with the Executive Director
• Development of new business, and delivery of growth targets
• Management and delivery of sales and fundraising campaigns
• Line management of Business Development Manager, Customer Services Team and Finance Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
• Relevant business qualification, or recent relevant experience gained in a similar role
• Proven track record of income generation and fundraising impact
• Experience of developing and producing compelling and clear business proposals
• Good level of understanding of the cultural, social and political context for our work in the visual arts sector
• Knowledge of the diversity of UK visual arts practice and of the concerns, needs and aspirations of our core members
• Good understanding of the engagement and consultation frameworks needed to stimulate our membership’s expression of need and of how to translate evidence gained into viable products and services
• Experience of line management and motivating teams
• Excellent people skills, able to initiate and establish effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations
• Proven team player, effectively managing own time, sharing and prioritising workload within a deadline-based environment
• Willing contributor to co-learning and knowledge sharing whether using face- to-face or virtual platforms, enabling creative ideas and imaginative solutions to bubble up from internal discussions and from our external customers
• High quality interpersonal skills, appropriately and effectively using the wide range of communications techniques and virtual platforms available within the company
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Excellent written skills, including sales and fundraising copy, bid and report writing
• Literate in online and digital technology with good knowledge of how social media and digital distribution can enhance business sales and fundraising campaigns
About a-n: a-n The Artists Information Company is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK with over 21,000 members. We have been leading and influencing policy and sectoral best practice for almost 40 years with our members’ needs, interests and concerns always the central focus of what we do.
How to apply:
See job pack below for details of how to apply and guidance notes for applicants.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12noon on Monday 12 June 2017.