What: The opportunity for 25 a-n members to be supported by one of our expert advisors via 3 x 1 hour, one-to-one guidance sessions. Subsidised by a-n, these sessions would normally cost £225, but will be offered free to successful applicants. Expert advisors for these sessions are: Rosalind Davis, Lucy Day and Emilia Telese.
Who: a-n individual members (Artists and Arts Organisers)
When: Sessions to be completed by end of October 2017
Where: Sessions will take place by phone or online call
Details: This pilot is a new strand of professional development support for a-n members.
Mindful that face-to-face support can be hard to access for many artists, we are trialling these online sessions as an alternative way of talking through your practice. Matching our expert advisors to your needs, our one-to-one guidance sessions can provide direct support and suggest strategies to enable practice to become more productive, resilient and sustainable.
Content and approach: Our advisors will prepare for the sessions using your application. Some areas you might want to think about could include
– Critical review of your practice
– Career review and guidance
– Review of online representation
– Guidance in proposing work for exhibition
– Sustaining an arts practice
– Fundraising as an individual or for a project
– Writing for your practice
– Working collaboratively
– Working in the public realm
Priority will be given to applicants
– who can demonstrate how guidance sessions will benefit their practice
– who are willing and open to developing their practice
– where accessing support for their practice has been an issue to date
a-n asks that in return for the fully funded opportunity recipients commit to helping evaluate the sessions.
Length of sessions and timings: Advisors will contact you to arrange mutually convenient times to speak. Usually sessions work best when spaced out, enabling time for reflection or to put new strategies into place. All sessions need to be completed by the end of October 2017.
Apply: Send the following 3 pdf files to [email protected] with ‘a-n one-to-one guidance sessions’ in the email header:
- Your application form saved as a pdf (with your name first in the title eg Freda_Bloggs_one-to-one-guidance_application)
- Your up-to-date CV including links to relevant websites (in 1 pdf file, with your name first in the title eg Freda_Bloggs_CV)
- A completed equality and diversity monitoring form (in 1 pdf file with your name first in the title eg Freda_Bloggs_EDform)
Deadline: 12noon on Thursday 11 May 2017
In submitting this application form you confirm that:
- You will undertake 3 x 1 hour sessions
- Contribute to the evaluation of the programme
- Meet the eligibility criteria (this opportunity is for a-n individual members: Artists or Arts Organisers). Applications from those who do not hold a current a-n membership will not be considered.
- Your sessions must be completed by October 2017
- Priority will be given to a-n members who have not received a bursary from a-n in the last 12 months
- a-n is unable to respond to requests for advice in shaping applications or queries about the terms or eligibility criteria.
- Places are awarded at the discretion of a-n The Artists Information Company.
- We advise not leaving the sending of your application to the last day.