What would we like people to get from the experience of participating in a walk?
This question was to uncover some of the motivations for why we might make this artwork together and what we think a public artwork in our local area should do. I also thought that is might be useful to see where our ideas align and to have something that we could refer back to as we move into the testing stage of the project.
WE WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO EXPERIENCE:
- Shared Experiences (with nature, with each other, with place)
- Something heartwarming
- Something bigger than ourselves
- A bonding experience, social
- Feeling ‘wow’ = As in, this moment, it is a gift and it is refreshing, powerful and sustaining
- A connection with our ancestral spirit and knowledge
- Different ways of looking / seeing
- Journeying to Leigh
- We want to flip the idea of who leads and show alternate perspectives
- Joy = we simply want people to enjoy it!
This will form a kind of manifesto for how we continue working together over the coming months.