Its been a busy week in the studio. To dry out all the sand i placed it on giant bits of cardboard and continually turned it. It is essential it is totally dry or it will cause condensation on the inside of the double glazing units. Next it was sieved, using my sand sieving machine, to remove all of the larger objects.
As another part of the work i have been sorting all these finds from sieving the sand in to groups. I couldn’t believe some of the things i have found… including a tiny jaw bone, about 20mm long with the tiny teeth still in it!! These will be documented soon so watch out for images. These finds will also be displayed in a case next to the work.
And finally i have started the long process of carefully pouring the sand in to the units.