I’ve been working hard to get some print work done for this show. There’s 19 hanging spaces that would be wasted if I just put my 3D work up.
I’ve made up some plates for printing and I’ve started working on some collaged pieces. Don’t know what will work and what won’t yet, I’ll have to wait and see. I think the collaged pieces are looking promising but the prints might not work.
I spoke to Alison earlier about my work. She said I might be able to get hold of a spray to make my work fire resistant. Ive been looking on the internet and there’s a crystal formula that can be made into a spray and can be applied using an ordinary plant sprayer. Apparently you only have to apply a fine mist to protect it. I don’t know if I’d have to spray the inside of the work as well though, that would be tricky with a lot of my pieces.
I’ve been asked to put a solo show on at the Mersey Bio building in Liverpool in March. I went to a p.v. there last Friday to take a look at the space and although it’s a challenging space for 3D work I think it could work really well. I’m going to put together some prints as well as there’s so much wall space that would be a waste to leave bare.
I’ve just got back from Southend on Sea, so need an evening to recover, but tommorrow I’ll put my mind to it. I need to see if I can fire proof my work as I could hang 3D work up then. It would be fantastic to be able to show lots of my work within the same space.
I need to come up with a title for the show and some images for publicity. It’s all go…