I have found that the order of the CMYK inks that goes onto the print affects the colour of the prints. For the pink one I’ve put black ink first and yellow last, this resulted in a yellow hue of the finished piece. I expected the colour to look exactly like the ones on the computer but it isn’t because of the moire effect as well. I find the prints with the blue background better than the first ones I did. This is because I put black ink last. This made the lines of the image more prominent and stand out more.
I’ve cut a print to fit the frame. This print is another one I’ve done last week. The registration marks serve as a good border around the image.
I’ve created four screenprint copies of my work onto canaletto paper with Justin’s help last week. We exposed the mesh screens to UV at 155/160, washed out the excess, then applied the CMYK inks on the paper with a squeegee. It takes skill to align the squeegee to the image and the registration marks on the mesh because on one of the prints, I didn’t apply magenta to all the corners of the registration marks, which resulted in a green and blue hue to the finished print.
I’m pleased with the outcome and will use photoshop to test out the presentation of my print in a space.