I started to install yesterday and like all first days it was a process of trial and error, dealing with things forgotten, making do with what one has and capitalising on chance ….
I had carefully set aside some paper to project onto but on arriving at Boldshaves found that I’d forgotten it. Louisa Love, who was helping me to install, turned on the projector anyway, and we both realised that projecting onto the wooden boards making up the wall of the shed was absolutely perfect! Still need to block out the light from the window and door more effectively but I am hugely relieved. I think it is going to work.
This residency has opened up all sorts of new directions for me. I could have made lots of other films….but this is the one I’ve made and it will have to stand as such.