I’ve been back in the studio, trying to be in there when the sun is shining (not very successfully). The Dover Studio Collective which is my studio share members plus a couple of past studio holders and honorary members is co-running the Dover printfest in May so I need a few pieces. These are some experiments from this morning (7/3//20) using oil-based inks on pages from a Chinese book.
I posted an image of the Lino cuts on social media and immediately sold one! This has never happened before…. So one of these is off to a new home.
I am working flat out for two shows coming up soon including an exhibition of the watercolour collages. I do these at home on a smallish table so they are domestic both in terms of production and scale.
Just some pics of my lino prints using oil-based inks on Chinese book pages (I won the books as a prize ages ago when studying Chinese at Cambridge).
For the red images I tried black over red then red over black. Might do some with burnt sienna next to get a bit more of a brown colour to reflect a warmer coloured glaze.
I’ve also been doing more watercolour collages in preparation for an upcoming exhibition.
Mostly hunkering down indoors at home while the wind blows outside and the rain lashes down! Got rather cold in the studio yesterday.
Continuing with my printmaking ventures on Chinese book pages: this is a Lino print I made yesterday and am quite pleased with it. The simple shape of my little ceramic tripod vessel based on Chinese Shang Dynasty bronzes works really well so I am planning to do an edition of these.