- Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Across UK
- Rosina Godwin
Workshop content: –
Explore the sculptural possibilities of knitting using simple techniques, with both conventional yarns and experimental materials.
- Creating 3D forms with ordinary knitting needles, plus circular and double pointed needles
- Building structures with multiples
- Shaping forms with a felting needle
There will be demonstrations of knitting and needle felting techniques, advice on fillings for soft sculpture, and a discussion on applying sculptural materials, such as plaster to textiles. The class also includes a worksheet and PowerPoint presentation showing to inspire further ideas after the session.
All levels of ability are welcome. The workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in textiles or mixed media sculpture, wishing to explore the artistic potential of knitting. The emphasis is on creating experimental samples, rather than a finished piece.
- Dates: – 3-4.30pm Saturday 27th February 2021 and 6-7.30pm Saturday 6th March 2021
- Length: – 1 hour 30min
- Level: – Basic knitting skills (knit stitch, casting on and casting off)
- Place: – Online, via Skype or similar platform
- Cost: – £7 per person, plus an Eventbrite fee
Tickets are available from Eventbrite. Please follow the link to book, or to find out more about my other experimental knitting workshops! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/rosina-godwin-17598680422