- Christmas Steps Gallery
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Sunday, February 11, 2018
- 11 Christmas Steps, Bristol, BS1 5BS
- South West England
- Susie Ramsay
‘Rooftops & Archways’ new exhibition by local Bristol artist Susie Ramsay
Dates: 30th January – 11th February 2018, 10am-6pm.
Where: Christmas Steps Gallery, 11 Christmas Steps, Bristol, BS1 5BS
Bristol based fine artist Susie Ramsay presents a new collection of paintings in her solo exhibition ‘Rooftops and Archways’. Continuing her focus on Bristol’s architectural landscapes, visitors will be able to view ten new paintings of the city for the first time.
Building upon her most recent exhibition ‘Streets, Lanes and Skylines’ (2016), Susie presents a collection of work that captures the cities viewpoints and hidden corners, each painting provides a fresh perspective of the city.
About the exhibition, Susie said: “The aim of my new work is to present a bold and contemporary vision of Bristol. This collection presents a freer series of paintings than previous exhibitions, capturing the spirit and vibrancy of the city. My work is inspired by how the natural world impacts on our built environment. How a change in light, weather or season can transform our daily city landscape. ‘Rooftops and Archways’ is about revealing the hidden parts of Bristol and presenting the city in a new light”.
The exhibition includes paintings of: Bird Cage Walk, Arnos Vale Cemetary, Colston Street, Victoria Street, Cliftonwood, Hotwells and the Granary Building.
Notes to editor:
- The exhibition is free and will be open daily from 10-6pm.
- Private view: Tuesday 30th January 2018, 6-8pm, all welcome, no invitation required.
- Closing night: Saturday 10th February 2018, 6-9pm, all welcome, no invitation required.
- Susie will be present at the exhibition throughout the two-week period available to discuss the work and future projects.
For more information, or for interviews, please contact:
Email: [email protected]/ Tel: 07434 419 615
Twitter: @susieramsay #RABristol2018
Limited edition prints and cards will be available to purchase from the exhibition.