- Pound Arts
- Friday, June 21, 2019
- Pound Pill, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 9HX
- South West England
- Pound Arts, Corsham, Wiltshire
Hosted by Anya Beaumont & Jo Taylor, as part of their joint project GrowFlowShow, this half day symposium at The Pound asks “How can contemporary arts professionals elevate built environments to create fresh public engagement?” Three fantastic invited speakers will present their roles in relation to the question.
Helene Bremer Helene is a Dutch independent art historian & curator, specialising in presenting exhibitions that are ‘trans-historic’: connecting the present with the past; heritage with contemporary art. Curatorial projects include Sweet 18, Kasteel D’Ursel, Belgium, 2015 and On a Pedestal, Castletown House, Dublin, 2018.
Tom Littlewood, Director, Ginkgo Projects Tom founded Ginkgo Projects in 2001 after having led the arts charity Independent Public Arts. He has wide and grounded experience in generating and leading creative projects that integrate art and creativity as a key element of environmental, architectural and regenerative schemes.
Grace Davies, Contemporary Arts Programme Manager, The National Trust “Working with artists through Trust New Art enables us to tell our stories in different ways, create fresh conversations and bring new audiences to our special places. National Trust fully supports the principle of paying artists and arts organisations fairly for the work they undertake at research, proposal and delivery stages of commissioned projects, and is a firm supporter of the Paying Artists Campaign.”
- – All are welcome – suitable for anyone interested in the arts
- – 10am start – expected finish time 12.30pm; includes break with refreshments
- – £5/£3 concessions – booking via the Box Office at poundarts.org.uk or tel 01249 701628
- – See the exhibition “Flourish” at The Pound showcasing Anya & Jo’s new work – free entry
- The Gate House at Corsham Court will open during the afternoon, with the opportunity to view the Bath Spa University Collection with curator Laura Brown – free entry