In addition to the Public and Products Liability (PPL) and Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance included with a-n’s Artist membership, brokers Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd and a-n have developed the Artists’ Insurance Policy (AIP) for practising visual and applied artists wishing to buy additional insurance such as for artwork and materials, studio and contents, and employers’ liability.
Policy benefits are tailored to reflect the diversity of work practice and professional requirements of visual and applied artists.
This policy is available to all UK-based Artist members of a-n.
The Artists’ Insurance Policy (AIP) covers a range of risks for visual or applied artists. ‘Visual or applied art’ includes painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, digital or time-based media, sculpture, ceramics, community arts, glassmaking, textiles, jewellery, mixed media, interactive arts, crafts, live art and physical performances.
AIP is available to purchase by a-n Artist members who normally practice in the UK and includes temporary work undertaken outside the UK, although special terms and/or higher premiums may apply for work in USA or Canada.
Main policy benefits
• All risks’ cover for artwork including stock of materials and work-in-progress
• Completed work insured for net sale price
• Worldwide cover available including exhibition, storage and transit risks
• Cover for tools, equipment and studio contents
• Automatic cover for reduction in gross profit following an insured incident
• Employers’ Liability and additional Public Liability Insurance as required
AIP – individual quotation
Apply for an individual quotation by:
• Speaking to Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd 020 8686 5050, 9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri.
• Downloading and completing the AIP Proposal Form and sending it by email to [email protected] or by post to Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd, Simpson House, 6 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 5BB. You can also fax the completed AIP Proposal Form to 020 8686 5559.
To ask for an individual quotation:
Download the AIP Proposal Form in either pdf or rtf format
Send your completed form to:
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 020 8686 5559
- Post: Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd, Simpson House, 6 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 6AZ
Note that AIP applications require your Membership ID. Logged-in members can find this in My account > Membership.
Please note that no cover will be in force until confirmed in writing by Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd.
AIP is available to a-n Artist members who meet the eligibility criteria in the AIP Application form. To check the details, download:
AIP Policy Summary pdf with exclusions
AIP Policy Document pdf with full wording.
a-n The Artists Information Company cannot provide advice or further information on insurance matters to members or to other enquirers. All enquiries on insurance issues should thus go direct to Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd [email protected]
About the policy
Insurance is available direct from Hencilla Canworth GI Ltd, an independent insurance intermediary with over twenty-five years experience in arranging tailored insurance for the arts, underwritten by a consortium of insurers led by ArgoGlobal.