This website is operated by a-n The Artists Information Company (“a-n’ “we”, “us”), a company limited by guarantee registered in the United Kingdom, with registration number 1626331, and registered office: S19 Toffee Factory, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Ouseburn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2DF.
1. By using a-n sites you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of a-n sites. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use a-n sites.
2. a-n may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by a-n. Your continued use of a-n sites after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You must treat any password you have for use of a-n sites as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for any use of the a-n sites (other than by our website administrators) using your login details, including your email address and password.
4. We may suspend access to a-n sites, or withdraw the a-n sites, at any time for any reason at our discretion, including for any maintenance or upgrading of a-n sites. From time to time, we may also restrict access to some parts of a-n sites, or the entire sites, to users who have registered with us (‘registered users’).
5. If you breach, or we reasonably suspect that you are in breach of, any of these Terms, we may immediately and without notice terminate your use of a-n sites, or any part of a-n sites.
Use of a-n sites
6. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use a-n sites content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any a-n sites content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of a-n sites content requires the prior written permission of a-n and (where necessary) its licensors.
7. You agree to use a-n sites only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of a-n sites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing, bullying or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within a-n sites, or using sections of the site for purposes contrary to their intended use; introducing any virus or other malware or causing any denial of service attack; or attempting to gain unauthorised access to a-n sites, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
8. a-n sites’ content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. Under no circumstances will a-n be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary loss or damage arising from the use of a-n sites.
10. a-n does not warrant that functions contained in a-n sites content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that a-n sites or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Contributions to a-n sites
11. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to a-n sites (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant a-n a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public with respect to your contribution worldwide. If you do not want to grant to a-n the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to a-n sites.
12. Further to paragraph 11, by submitting your contribution to a-n sites, you:
12.1 warrant that;
12.1.1 your contribution is your own original work and does not infringe the copyright of any other person
12.1.2 your contribution is not defamatory; and
12.1.3 your contribution does not infringe any Privacy or other law; and
12.1.4 that you have the right to make your contribution available to a-n for all the purposes specified above.
12.2 will indemnify a-n against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by a-n as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
13. a-n reserves the right to remove, delete or edit any contribution at any time, for any reason.
16. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content to a-n sites, engage in any disruptive behaviour on a-n sites, and a-n considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, a-n may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing your internet service provider about the infringement/s.
17. IP addresses of online computers used by online contributors are recorded to help enforce these actions.
Linking to a-n sites
18. You may link to the a-n sites’ home page from any website owned by you, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and lawful and the link does not damage a-n’s reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on a-n’s part where none exists, and the a-n site must not be framed on any other website.
Linking from a-n sites
19. a-n sites may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. You acknowledge that a-n has no control over the availability or contents of those sites or resources, does not endorse them, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Information about you
22. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
23. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
a-n The Artists Information Company
S19 The Toffee Factory
Lower Steenbergs Yard
Newcastle upon Tyne
+44(0)300 330 0706