- Online (Zoom)
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Gaada Da Auld Methodist Kirk, Burra Isle, Shetland
- Across UK
Join us for an evening celebrating Weemin’s Wark! The project has taken place over the last year between Glasgow Women’s Library and Shetland. Gaada commissioned 6 exhibitions, a piece of writing, a publication and created a new activist archive that documents the work of activists striving to get equality in Shetland’s largest fire festival. The project has been challenging, beautiful and powerful, and we would love to see lots of faces celebrate the work of all the amazing activists and artists who have given so much to the project.*
- Roseanne Watt will read an excerpt from her amazing newly commissioned text Lukkie Minnie’s Føy
- Members of Up Helly Aa for Aa will perform a shared reading of Hannah Harkes’ As Long As We Make It
- Esther McManus will introduce the Activist Archive + spreads from the Publication
- Together we will view some of the beautiful commissioned work by artists Brooke Palmieri, Hannah Harkes, Holly Graham and Isabel Greenberg.
- and much more!
Tuesday 26th January
6 – 7.30pm (UK)
Where + how to attend
This is a ticketed Zoom event (we know, we know – but it is THE Zoom event!).
Tickets can be purchased for £2.50 via the Gaada Website (link below) and you will be emailed a Zoom link on the day of the event.
* Whilst the real-life opening of Weemin’s Wark at Glasgow Women’s Library has been postponed due to the current UK lockdown, we are going ahead with this celebration. An opening date for the exhibition will be shared when possible!