- Goldsmiths Hall
- Monday, June 17, 2019
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Foster Lane, London, EC2V 6BN
- Crafts Council
A two-day biennial conference presented by the Crafts Council to ignite creative business ambitions. The 2019 event is aimed at designer makers who are more established in their business.
To book visit: https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/what-we-do/flourish/.
Early bird tickets of 25% off full price on sale extended until 24th May.
What is Flourish:
Over two days, this lively event, held at the magnificent Goldsmith’s Hall, is designed to inspire, challenge, inform and invigorate makers and their practice. Combining keynote speakers, panel discussions, case studies and practical working sessions, our goal is to unearth what it means to be a craft business – both the challenges and the opportunities, and give pragmatic advice and insight on key and topical issues.
Most importantly, we make sure that the two days give makers plenty of time and opportunity to build their own network of peers, all with a shared passion to stretch themselves and their ambitions, and get the most out of a dynamic and informative two days.
Day one focus: Challenge and opportunity – building the knowledge and foresight to thrive and grow.
Day two focus: Businesses of distinction – articulating crafts’ unique value.
Who is this conference for?
The conference is for artists and makers who have been in practice for more than four years and who are looking to overcome business challenges they are currently facing.
After a few years in practice the same challenges re-occur time and again: maintaining momentum to your practice; generating enough income to be sustainable; keeping up-to-date with business legislation, and how to successfully market your practice / business.
The sessions you attend and take part in will provide you with a renewed energy that gives you the kick start you have been looking for.
What will you gain from attending?
- A set of vital resources to implement into your practice
- New connections to help generate a sustainable and supportive network
- Sense of confidence; increased knowledge
- A set of action points to instigate
Event starts at 10am on both days and finishes at 5.30pm
- Lulu Lytle, co founder of Soane Britain
- Eva Qain, Marketing Manager for Design Shanghai
- Louise Allen, Head of Innovation and Development at the Design & Crafts Council of Irelandand President of World Crafts Council Europe
- Piyush Suri, Founder of Handmade in Britain
- Rosie Wolfenden, co founder of Tatty Devine
- David Hevey, CEO of Shape Arts
- Yunus & Eliza (Jewellers) in conversation with Jill Read, Head of Communications, Crafts Council
- Ross Lovegrove, Designer
- Tracey Rowledge (Bookbinder) and David Clarke (Silversmith)
- James Shaw, Designer
Please visit our website for more information on speakers and our agenda.
Flourish is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.