- Seco Lounge
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Royal William Yard Plymouth
- South West England
- Amy Whittingham
Amy Whittingham is the author of Glass Casting to be published by Crowood Press Ltd. in July 2019. Click on the secure shop to pre-order your own signed copy!
Learn to cast glass to make stunning 3D forms with layers of detail, texture and intricacy.
Glass casting is an exciting and versatile process involving chunks of glass melted into a mould, where it solidifies. This practical book explains the glass casting process, from the initial search for inspiration through to simple and then more complex casting. With step-by-step instructions and supporting photographs, it is an accessible and thorough account of this challenging and beautiful process.
- Advice on kilns and studio equipment, as well as materials
- Step-by-step projects in open casting, lost-wax casting, part-mould making, burn-out moulds and core casting
- Top tips on how to get the best results and avoid common pitfalls
- Ideas for experimentation to increase the scale of your work, explore surface pattern and use other materials
- Instruction on de-moulding and finishing, and further tips on reusing materials in the studio.