- Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Anywhere in the world.
- South East England
- Digital Artist Residency
Digital Artist Residencies 2021
DAR is looking for new and challenging proposals for online residencies for the period of April to September 2021. We want to see engaging and intriguing online works that communicate a critical understanding of the internet to explore the digital platform. The month-long residencies are open to artists working in any discipline and/or medium responding to digital themes from anywhere in the world.
Digital Residencies – 1-month duration, solo/duo/collective artists welcome.
Digital Artist Residency (DAR) is an online platform which provides a space for artists to develop ideas during an one-month online residency. Artists will work with digital processes, exploring boundaries of technology and art, and will be supported during their time with DAR. Proposals are aimed for online residencies to take place from April to September ‘21. We are looking for challenging, engaging and intriguing online works which communicate a critical understanding of the internet. The month-long residencies are open to artists working in any discipline and/or medium responding to digital themes from anywhere in the world. Chosen artists must submit a minimum of one post onto DAR’s website per week.
- A page on DAR’s website which on average attracts 5000 viewers each month. This page normally takes the style of a blog, but artists are encouraged to be ambitious with any specific ideas about how they want their work presented. Write these ideas on your project proposal and we can discuss how they can be realized.
- An Instagram takeover – resident artists will have control of the DAR Instagram for the duration of their residency.
- Technical information and guidance to support the construction of the artist’s residency pages.
- Support and promotion for the artist and their work through its network.
- A permanent web archive of work produced during residency.