- Mall Galleries
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Saturday, September 16, 2023
- The Mall, London SW1
- Mall Galleries
I’m honoured to be a selected as a DSWF Wildlife Artist Of The Year 2023 Finalist with my drawing sculpture ‘Tiger Corridor’ 2023 with an exhibition at Mall Galleries, London. The work symbolises the corridors of land that link fragmented pockets of tiger populations and their prey so that they can breed and feed, across the Himalayan countries, between reserves in India and other tiger countries, in the fight against extinction.
DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year is an internationally renowned wildlife art competition and exhibition, which each year attracts entries from some of the most talented artists around the globe, who come together to celebrate the beauty of the natural world. DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year has attracted more than 16,300 entries, and through entry fees, exhibition sales, and sponsorships, has raised more than £1.7 million.
Each year, the exhibition showcases a breathtaking selection of shortlisted artworks which portray a variety of techniques and mediums, all commended by our expert judging panel. From recycled plastic sculptures to intricate pencil drawings, vast colourful oil paintings and everything in between, you’ll find the world’s best wildlife art on display. With entry income and 50% of the proceeds from all artwork sales supporting DSWF and our frontline conservation partners in Africa and Asia, this exhibition highlights how we can use art to create something powerful and ignite the conversation about conservation.
Furthermore, we are delighted to announce that after three years away due to the pandemic, the much-loved DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition will be returning to the iconic Mall Galleries, London, for a week-long exhibition. Running from 12 to 16 September 2023, the exhibition will be open to the public for viewings and purchases of the stunning array of works. Alongside this, an online exhibition of all artworks will run from 4 to 16 September 2023 in the DSWF gallery and shop.
- People’s Choice Award voting period: 4 to 16 September
About David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF) is a results-driven wildlife conservation charity operating across Africa and Asia to end wildlife crime and protect endangered species in their natural habitat. Working from grassroots to the world stage, DSWF adopts a holistic approach to conservation. We put people at the heart of our work and incorporate the vital importance of communities in our fight to protect the world’s most endangered wildlife.
DSWF operates under three guiding principles: The Art of Survival: Fight. Protect. Engage
- We FIGHT wildlife crime through ranger empowerment, law enforcement programmes and international policy
- We PROTECT endangered species in their natural habitat and key environmental landscapes
- We ENGAGE with local communities and international audiences to educate and raise awareness to end wildlife crimeSince 1984, DSWF has invested over £12 million directly into wildlife conservation. Harnessing the power of art, in memory of our Founder, the celebrated wildlife artist and conservationist, David Shepherd, we continue to inform, inspire, and motivate people to join our fight to save wildlife. By investing in economically and socially vulnerable communities at the heart of the conservation landscape we fund programmes that tackle the drivers of wildlife crime, thereby securing safe spaces for wildlife to thrive. By supporting law enforcement operations, undercover investigations, education, and strategies to alleviate poverty we have a real impact, on key people and places, as we fight to turn the tide on extinction.https: //twitter.com/DSWFWildlife
- https: //twitter.com/DSWFWildlife
- https: //www.instagram.com/dswfwildlifeart/
- https: //www.instagram.com/dswfwildlife