- Online Event
- Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Youtube streaming: https://youtu.be/bW3vu-ZAYaQ
- Tere Chad
Many artists of today do not only work as artists but typically have a second career in another industry in order to sustain their creative practices. Thus, Alter Us thought it would be particularly fruitful to explore the impact coronavirus has had on various members of the Alter Us collective; both on their work as artists and as professionals in other fields. Therefore, this event shall take the form of a panel discussion in which they will discuss what challenges they have faced and what lessons they have learnt throughout the pandemic to date.
The panellists will speak from their perspectives as artists and professionals: Giuseppe Mario Urso will narrate his experience about the impact of the lockdown over secondary education, Paul Hindle will give his perspective from the tourism sector, Ludmila Sigismondo will expand on how the pandemic has affected people who work in hospitality, Ania Assadi – Sabet will give details about her experience working as an NHS Doctor in the frontline and Parizad Nobakht (tbc) a BBC Persian journalist will describe how they have responded to the current pandemic.
Alter Us hopes that this event will serve as an excellent opportunity to present a cross-section of society by sharing perspectives from different industries and backgrounds. The event will open up discussion about how all of the changes made necessary by our battle with coronavirus will define a new world and a new ‘us’.
Several silver linings came from this experience, such as a decreased amount of global pollution, but there has also been a lot to process and get used to as human beings. Some aspects will never return to the way they were. The event will present these changes and the various ways in which we are adapting and moving on.
The panel will be mediated by Nathalie Mei and Tere Chad.
- ABOUT ALTER US: Alter Us is a London-based group of multi-disciplinary artists, exploring complex issues concerning the environment, social relations and technology in the age of the Anthropocene.
- Our members include: César Baracca, Lorenzo Belenguer, Lois Bentley, Tere Chad, Sarah Cunningham, Mandeep Dillon, Paul Hindle, Margaret Jennings, Maritina Keleri, M.Lohrum, Nathalie Mei, Parizad Nobakht, Tom Norris, Teresa Paiva, Christopher Pearson, Ana Luiza Rodrigues, Ania Assadi-Sabet, Ludmila Sigismondo, Aleksandr Tishkov, Paula Turmina & Giuseppe Mario Urso.
- When: 6:30pm – 7:30pm (UK), Thursday 25th February 2021
- Where: Youtube Livestreaming
This event will be free to attend, but we shall gladly accept donations in order to help us fund future events and exhibitions. To donate, please follow this link:
- CONTACT DETAILS:
For more information on this panel and future events, please follow Alter Us on Instagram at @Alter.Us or e-mail us at [email protected].