- Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Alfred House Ashley Street Nottingham NG3 1JG
- East Midlands
- a-n The Artists Information Company & Backlit
The workshop forms part of a-n’s ongoing commitment to providing practical support for artists. This workshop responds to two years of consultation through the Paying Artists Campaign where lack of confidence and training in how to negotiate was identified as a barrier to fair payment.
This one-day workshop with Rivca Rubin will assist you to:
- gain clarity around motivations, expectations and outcomes
- create optimal conditions to communicate
- explore the impact of positive non-threatening language and action
- remain calm and clear, and without fear or frustration tactfully challenge what you disagree with
- know how to find common ground
- conduct meetings that are to the point, and lead to mutually agreeable terms and outcomes
The training will also:
- signpost to recent research by a-n and the Paying Artists campaign
- the learning will take place through facilitated group exploration, peer review and practice
- be accompanied by an interactive resource manual, which will support your further learning beyond the day
Who is the session for
This event is aimed at visual artists and arts organisers at all career stages.
How to book
Book your place here
a-n tries to keep the cost of professional development sessions as low as possible. We fund professional development programmes for our members and actively look for partnerships to benefit them. Different funding arrangements enables some sessions to be fully funded or subsidised.