- Theatre Delicatessen
- Saturday, January 12, 2019
- 2 Finsbury Avenue, London EC2M 2PA
- Rosina Godwin
Using the body as a source of inspiration, explore the creative potential of knitting to create artwork, with simple techniques.
- Knitting slits and simple tubular forms
- Building organic structures with multiples
- Creating wombs and other internal organs
There will be demonstrations of flat and 3D methods using circular and double pointed needles, and shaping. The session includes a display of samples and sketchbooks, and discussions on creating hairy effects with wet and/or dry felting, and building smooth surfaces with wax.
All levels of ability are welcome. The workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in textiles or soft sculpture, wishing to explore the artistic potential of knitting. The emphasis is on creating experimental samples, rather than a finished piece.
Please book on Eventbrite:-