- Saturday, November 28, 2020
- Across UK
- Rosina Godwin
In this experimental workshop, you will learn how to make your own imaginary creature, while exploring the possibilities of simple knitting techniques!
- Date:- Saturday 28th November 2020
- Time:- 3.00 – 4.30pm GMT
- Place:- Online, via Zoom or Skype
- Level:- Knowledge of basic knitting skills (knit stitch, increasing and decreasing, casting on and casting off)
- Cost:- £8.14 (including Eventbrite fee)
Make your own imaginary creature, while exploring the possibilities of simple knitting techniques! The workshop will cover:-
- Playing with colour and texture
- Knitting simple 3D shapes and biomorphic forms
- Soft sculpture and experimental fillings
The session includes a worksheet and PowerPoint presentation, plus samples and demonstrations to inspire further ideas for after the session.
Aimed at anyone with an interest in textiles and soft sculpture, the workshop examines the artistic potential of knitting. The emphasis is on creating a small experimental piece (which can be completed after class) – however many of the techniques could be adapted to create a garment, accessory or household object.
For more information, or to book please visit Eventbrite:- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/knitting-imaginary-creatures-tickets-122871027551