- Theatre Delicatessen
- Saturday, September 1, 2018
- 2 Finsbury Avenue, London EC2M 2PA
- Rosina Godwin
Explore the creative potential of knitting for artwork and sculpture, using simple techniques and unconventional materials.
- Knitting with unconventional materials (wire, garden twine, plastics and string), fancy and neon yarns
- Making yarns from strips of fabric and adapting commercial yarns
- Threading beads, buttons or fabric onto the yarn
There will be a demonstration of basic knitting techniques, and a discussion on combining textiles with sculptural materials (plaster, clay and wax). Various samples and sketchbooks will be on display to inspire further exploration after the session.
All levels of ability are welcome. The workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in textiles or mixed media sculpture, wishing to explore the artistic potential of knitting. The emphasis is on creating experimental samples, rather than a finished piece.
Free, but donations for materials would be very welcome!
Please book at:-