Yes I am home now and been home for a week. Very nice I have to admit. Lots of gatherings and catching ups to do. Last Monday I had a meting with Metro Imaging in London. They are printing a large photograph (148″ x 33″), which will be part of the exhibition at L’H du Siege. The photograph is part of a work that I did in Cobn, Cork in 2006, but has never been realised and shown before. On Thursday I when back to Metro to see the sample of the print and it looks good. The photograph will be ready after New Year just on time for my return to France. At present I am also trying to finish the editing of a video work, which again was created in Cobn, Cork but never shown before. And yes I am trying to have some time off for Christmas and New Year.
Happy Christmas to everyone readying this blog.
My problems have continued and there has been a new problem every day. I don’t know why but everything is so difficult and takes so much time to explain and justify. I have two more days left and leaving on Sunday morning, so I am hoping will be able to finish most of the things and complete the installation.
On one of the images you can see the labyrinth is almost there, is just that I have run out of material and had to go back to the Slaughter House to get some more Caul Fat to make one more section. This section will have to be left to dry and will be installed in January before the exhibition.
Installation day 5 and work is strating to take some shape now. I am hoping to have most of the pieces hang by tusday and then adjust and join all the work by the end of next week.
The work is very delicate and has to be done very slow as any sudden movement can pull and ripe it down so will take a long time.
Well into the installation week now and things are moving very slow. I have made some decisions on how to install the work and instead of a tunnel there will be a walk-in – walkway structure, almost the shape of an intestine, such as labyrinth. Everything seems to be going wrong, I don’t understand why? Even a small things such a paint for the metal, they bought me paint for wood? So I spend 3 hours painting the metal to find out that this was not the right paint then all that work had to be taken off and repainted, good start of the week. Now the metal has dried, last night I started to hang the metal structure (which is very flimsy but hoping will do the job).
Tomorrow is my big day and a big week and a half a head. Hopefully tomorrow I start to install the exhibition at the Gallery. I had so many problems with the work and the making of the structure that at the end had to change the concept and the installation of the work. So I don’t know what will happen and how the work will look. I am still trying to finish some of the pieces and had lots of problems with the supply of the organs. Here in France, as you probably know have had many strikes and this has effected everything, even me. The Slaughter House has not been able to give me the orders I need it and this has put me back with the making. I have been told and hoping I can get some more organs enough to finish the work next Thursday. This is how far I got with some of the pieces but need 10 or so of each of the skins to finish them!!!