- Great Hall, Discovery Museum
- Thursday, May 28, 2015
- Blandford Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4JA.
- North East England
What could the next 15 years look like for culture in the North East? Help North East Culture Partnership shape the Case for Culture for the NE region.
An event organsed by the Case of Culture Steering Group specifically for individual artists and heritage practitioners, freelancers, those working in the creative industries, and people in the amateur and voluntary arts and heritage sectors, exploring these questions:
– What has culture got to offer the economy of the North East?
– How can culture contribute to the health and wellbeing of people living and working in the North East?
– What has culture got to offer the North East as a ‘place’ and its communities?
– How does culture contribute to making the North East a distinctive and attractive place?
– What are your ambitions to develop national/ international work, links and collaborations in the future?
– What are your ideas and aspirations for developing your sector over the next 15 years?
– What specific interventions (rather than just ‘more money’) could help make this happen?
This has the potential to be a major regional event of genuine significance. If you are not there, your voice will not be heard in the room.