- New Art Exchange
- Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Sunday, September 8, 2019
- 39 – 41 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 6BE
- East Midlands
Friday 12 July 2019, 6pm – 9pm
Friday 23 August 2019, 6pm – 9pm
Enjoy a huge variety of art at NAE this summer, with works in painting, drawing, video, live art, sculpture, installation and mixed media by over 50 artists.
The NAE Open was created through an open application process which received nearly 700 submissions. A panel of judges viewed each to select what they felt to be the most innovative and accomplished works, creating a snapshot of contemporary fine art practice today.
Given NAE’s key priorities in supporting both culturally diverse and local talent, the exhibition was open to all artists living in Nottinghamshire and also to artists of culturally diverse heritage and those exploring diversity within their
practice living anywhere in the UK.
A key aim of the NAE Open is to create a platform which supports the development of artists and raises their profile. Beyond the public exhibition itself, a number of prizes will be awarded in a special ceremony on Friday 23 August. These include the £1,500 Public Choice Prize, which every visitor to the exhibition can contribute to. Be sure to cast your vote when you visit the galleries – voting closes Thursday 22 August 2019. The NAE Open also creates the opportunity to buy original art with a number of works available for sale.
Vivian Chinasa Ezugha
Adam Farah / free.yard
NAE OPEN PRIZES 2019
• Main Prize (selected by the judging panel): £3,000
• Public Choice Prize (selected by visitors to the exhibition): £1,500
• The NAE Open Exhibition Prize (selected by NAE): Future exhibition opportunity with NAE
• The Ian Robinson Prize (selected by Ian Robinson): £150
• The John E Wright Prize (selected by Adrian Nicholls): £100 towards print services
NAE OPEN JUDGING PANEL 2019
• Matthew Chesney – Artist Curator and Founding Director of BACKLIT Gallery & Studio
• Christine Eyene – Artistic Director, 5th Biennale Internationale de Casablanca 2020
• Louise Fedotov-Clements – Artistic Director of QUAD & Director of FORMAT International Photography Festival
• Jagdish Patel – Nottingham based Writer, Photographer & Activist
• Sarah Perks – International Curator, Writer & Producer
• Beverley Sterling – Visual Artist
• Salma Tuqan – Curator of Contemporary Art & Design, and Deputy Director of Delfina