- Courtauld Institute announces £50m revamp Redevelopment will include renovation of gallery in Somerset House and a new online archive for more than one million images.
- Brazil reinstates Culture Ministry following artist protests Quick reversal of one week-old policy made by Brazil’s interim president Michel Temer as “gesture” to please cultural and entertainment communities.
- The Louvre has got rid of its pyramid Well not quite. But it has been covered with an eye-fooling photographic mural by street artist JR.
- Political message on Hong Kong’s tallest tower pulled from exhibition Artists Sampson Wong and Jason Lam’s light display contained countdown to the expiration date of a political agreement between China and Hong Kong.
- Japan’s new passports to feature Ukiyo-E Master’s prints Renowned ukiyo-e printmaker and painter Katsushika Hokusai’s designs to appear on new travel documents.
- Founder of Los Angeles’s Ace Gallery fired and facing criminal charges Move follows legal claims by artists represented by the gallery seeking their works back and payment for works sold.
- Memorandum of Understanding links Arts Council England with De Montfort University Agreement with higher education body hopes to get more students involved in the arts.
- Prankster puts glasses on gallery floor – and visitors mistake them for art Teenager plays prank on art-lovers when visiting the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
1. A view of Our 60-minute friendship begins now, 2016. Courtesy Countdown Machine, 2016
2. Professor Dominic Shellard and Darren Henley signing the Memorandum of Understanding