i had some lovely quotes given to be by the pupils involved in the project…
we had a good mixture of stuff in the show with a smart looking gallery type side with thing framed nicely on the walls, some of the prints made by students pinned up on mass and some more finished in the way of being digitally reproduced and then my studio looking a bit tidier than normal and photos of the activities that had taken place so i think it gave an overall sense of the project as a whole which was the intention really. i think the kids got quite a lot out of seeing their work on the walls and a good sense of satisfaction although not many made it to the evening do a lot did get to see it in the two weeks it was up afterwards.
we spent a long time making that room i had spent the whole year in, into a clean and tidy, white space we could display the work but it worked well and i think it was good to have shown that spaces can be transformed into something else without too much effort, its also nice and empty for another artist to move into which i really hope will happen although it sounds like a difficult task for the school to organise.
As well as displaying the digital books of the drypoints, the monoprints and my own framed work, and also having the garden as a display. i also managed to just about successfully make a decent print from the sculpture which i put together and hung in the exhibition, i looked quite grand as an etching and i’m quite inspired to make further large prints although it is tricky to get a print without them being made up of lots of little ones, it seemed to be quite successful tho i think you just have to make a feature out of it.