We’re now in the last stretch of degree show season after an incredibly busy time of final-year exhibitions across the UK.
Since the first shows opened back in May we’ve been reporting on the work of graduating students over at the a-n Instagram as well as on a-n News and at our dedicated degree shows site, www.a-n.co.uk/degree-shows, which features listings for shows at both BA and MA level.
And of course the a-n Degree Shows Guide 2018 provides more insight and commentary on degree show time, including an interview with Ryan Gander and the thoughts of 11 final-year students.
Here we highlight the final flurry of shows for 2018.
The Art Academy
This independent art school in central London offers short-term, evening, part-time and weekend courses, plus long-term courses including BA Fine Art and Art Foundation. Its graduate shows 2018 take place across two different sites and include works by students who have studied on its three-year Fine Art Diploma, Figure Sculpture Diploma and Contemporary Portrait Diploma, plus students from the one-year Fine Art Foundation and those who have completed its two-year part-time Certificate.
PV 5 July, 6-8 July, Former Newington Library, 155 Walworth Road, London, SE17 1RS, and Mermaid Court, 165A Borough High Street London SE1 1HR.
Following last month’s undergraduate degree show, Goldsmiths opens its MFA Fine Art, MFA Curating and MA Artists’ Film & Moving Image shows. Other exhibitions opening include MA Digital Media: Technology and Cultural Form, MA Children’s Literature: Children’s Illustration, MA Filmmaking (Screen Documentary), MA Radio, and MA Digital Culture – Mirror Mirror.
PV 12 July, 13-17 July (MFA Fine Art, MFA Curating and MA Artists’ Film & Moving Image), other shows 5-14 July, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW.
Visit the a-n Instagram for more images and comment on this year’s degree shows
Now published: a-n Degree Shows Guide 2018
New site resource
The magazine-style guide is hosted on a brand new digital resource at www.a-n.co.uk/degree-shows with additional features including:
- An interactive map and expanded listings to help you find a show near you
- Longer reads including an interview with Goldsmiths graduate Rehana Zaman in which she discusses the importance of people from less privileged communities having access to art education
- Further degree shows insights from this year’s graduating students
- All the latest news and views from the degree shows as they happen including highlights of a-n Instagram takeover coverage
- New graduate resources. These will be added as degree season progresses and our focus shifts to supporting graduating students to sustain practice and explore options after study.
a-n Degree Shows Guide 2018 is available on a-n.co.uk/degree-shows alongside more news, views and pictures from this year’s shows.
You can view on Issuu here or join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #andegrees18.
1. Goldsmiths, MFA Fine Art, 2015. Courtesy: Goldsmiths