AirSpace are looking for artist to submit works of all formats for this years Axis Festival.
Following the success of last year's festival, the Axis team are looking to widen its programme of events by including a range of Contemporary Art displays within the City. It is offering artists a chance to exhibit during the festival throughout a variety of venues from 18th April – 4th May. We are requesting artists to produce works of art that are focused around the broad theme of place, movement and sound.
To find out more information please see the Artists Brief and an application form attached with this email.
ALL PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. A statement about the work and how it investigates the theme. (max. 500 Words)
2. Two images of the work – or mock-up images of the proposed work. (JPEGs)
3. Detailed costing for the production of the work.
4. Two examples of previous work that best suits your practice (JPEGs)
5. Application form
6. Description of your work for press releases and PR material (max 60 words).
Please send proposal to the AirSpace Gallery either by post or email, the address at the bottom of the page or our email is [email protected]. Please state in the subject box 'Axis Proposal'. Images can be sent by email (each image no bigger than 1 mb) or on a clearly labelled CD, with artists name and list of works.
Although artists are not expected to visit the site but it is advised that they do so.
Proposals to be submitted by Friday the 22nd of February.
Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of the submission deadline.
Budgets are limited, but they are available to help with cost of proposals.